This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Brownies are a decadent twist to your standard brownies with the addition of creamy, luscious peanut butter and sweet, fruity raspberry jelly!
My 12-year-old son asked me to make him brownies. Since he had been sick the entire week and not eating much of anything, I was happy for him to be asking for any sort of food, sweets or not. I decided to jazz up a regular box of brownies to make them a little bit more special, and this is what I came up with.
I tried to think of what I could add, so I started thinking about foods he loves. The boy loves brownies. He also loves peanut butter and jelly. And he loves macaroni and cheese. I decided against adding the macaroni and cheese.
What makes these even better is that I used a standard box of brownie mix, so they were super easy and super fast. Win!
Preparation Tips to make Peanut Butter & Jelly Brownies
I used raspberry jelly, since that is one of our favorites in our house, but any jelly will work just fine. Strawberry, grape or blueberry would be good options!
This is what your brownies will look like before baking. Don't worry if it doesn't look too pretty.
This is what the brownies will look like after baking:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup jelly
- Prepare brownie mix and preheat oven according to box instructions.
- Pour brownie mix into baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar and egg.
- Drop peanut butter into brownie batter in spoonfuls.
- Drop jelly into brownie batter in spoonfuls.
- Take a knife and run through the peanut butter and jelly to mix and swirl it around through the brownie batter as best as you can.
- Bake according to box instructions.
- Cool completely before serving.
I don't really care much for peanut butter and jelly together but this just may have changed my mind, mixed with the chocolate brownie.
I hope your son is feeling better and he enjoyed the creation you made for him.
Thanks for sharing.
I actually despise peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but in the brownies, it was heavenly!