This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These Superstar Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Muffins are a breakfast dream come true. Muffin...please meet my favorite candy combo! After you make these, you should eat one, and then give the rest away. Save yourself!
Muffins are one of my favorite things to make...and eat. The possibilities and flavor combinations are endless. I chose to make a peanut butter chocolate combo for these muffins to try to please my extremely-difficult-to-please seventeen year-old daughter. (And I'm not just referring to food here.)
Anyhoo, these muffins are called Superstar muffins, because that's how I felt when they came out super tasty. And that's how I felt when said extremely-difficult-to-please seventeen year old daughter said she loved my muffins! Superstar win!!
One of my favorite things about these muffins are the tops are a little bit crunchy with the sugar topping added before baking, which I loved, loved, loved.
Tips for making Superstar Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- A jumbo muffin pan will work best, but I couldn't find mine, and squeezed in the jumbo wrappers into the regular muffin pan and just overloaded the filling. They worked out just fine and seemed pretty jumbo to me.
- These can also be made in a regular, small muffin pan or a mini muffin pan. I would just adjust the time by half for regular, and a quarter for mini. Just keep an eye on them near the end. If they start getting brown on top, they are most likely done!
- A silicone baking pan like this will work a gazillion times better than paper muffin wrappers. Try it! You will LOVE them!
My twelve year-old son wanted to help me take the photos for this blog post, so I got his cute little hand holding one.
One other thing to note is I made these mid-morning one day, and they were all gone within twenty-four hours. I may have had more than my share. Which is why I suggest giving some away.
These muffins are huge, and are definitely not low-cal or low-fat. If that's your thang...you should move on from this post.
Or if you want to be a superstar, make these muffins!
Superstar Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Mix butter, vegetable oil and sugar together.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, peanut butter and yogurt. Whisk until all is blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cornstarch and sea salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, along with the chocolate chunks, and fold until just blended. Make sure to not overmix. Cover and let batter rest for 30 minutes.
- While batter is resting, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add batter evenly to jumbo muffin pan with liners, or a silicone muffin pan. Sprinkle tops with additional sugar to get the crunchy crust on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 350°F, and bake for another 20-25 minutes. The tops will begin to get golden brown when they are done. You can also insert a toothpick to make sure the batter is cooked in the middle. It will be clean and dry when you remove it if the muffins are done.