Spicy Almond Butter Vegetarian Noodles
A creamy, dreamy, spicy noodle dish loaded with tons of fresh veggies. The perfect dish to make when you want comfort food, but still want something healthy and good for you!
Almond Butter Sauce
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Veggies and Noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 1 small zucchini julienned
- 2 cups spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts chopped
Mix all Almond Butter sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over low-medium until sauce is warm. If it gets too thick, you can add water a tablespoon at a time. It still should be somewhat thick in order to coat the noodles.
Cook noodles (linguine) according to package instructions and drain.
Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet on medium heat until hot. Saute all veggies (except spinach) until cooked, but still a little bit crunchy. Add spinach and toss until wilted. Add salt and stir.
Toss pasta with veggies and Almond Butter sauce, adding a little sauce at a time, until the veggies and noodles are coated to your liking. Add sriracha and toss to mix. (If you don't like spicy food, or are serving to kids, leave the sriracha out!) Garnish with chopped peanuts,
- The almond butter sauce can be used for other things as well. It's perfect to use as a dipping sauce for chicken or shrimp.
- To save time, use precut veggies whenever possible.
- This can be made vegan by replacing the honey with agave nectar or maple syrup.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 972mg | Potassium: 868mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 7856IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 3mg