- 15 ounces garbanzo beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups kale chopped and stems removed
- 3 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes cut larger ones in half
- 1 cup broccoli cut into tiny florets
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- ½ cup red onion diced small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Clean and prepare all salad ingredients. Do not mix together at this point.
Combine all salad dressing ingredients. Whisk vigorously or shake in a salad dressing shaker until dressing is combined and emulsified.
Add kale to a large salad bowl. Add a couple of tablespoons of the salad dressing and massage and rub into the kale for a couple of minutes. This will help the kale become a bit softer.
Add all remaining salad ingredients and remaining salad dressing and toss until all is coated with the dressing.
Salad can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Keep romaine lettuce out, and add just before serving. Salad will hold up in the refrigerator for 2-3 days this way, but is freshest tasting within 1 day.
Recipe makes 4 side salad servings or 2 main salad servings. Nutrition info is for 4 side salad servings.
You can substitute coconut sugar, maple syrup or date paste for the agave nectar.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 977mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 9126IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 5mg