This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Last Updated on
A roundup review of my fave kitchen products I tried out in 2018. Many are time-saving and life-changing, so try them out and you won’t be disappointed!
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will receive an affiliate commision at no extra cost to you.
Links to My Top 25 Fave Kitchen Products
1. FALKSALT Smoke Natural Sea Salt Flakes 2. Calphalon Classic Ceramic Nonstick Sauce Pan 3. OXO Good Grips Better Silicone Whisk 4. XL Bamboo Cutting Board/Serving Tray 5. Cuisinart Advantage Color Collection 12-Piece Knife Set, Multicolor
6. Calphalon Classic Stainless Steel Cookware, Dutch Oven, 5-quart 7. Cuisinart Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers 8. Gotham Steel Nonstick Copper Cookie Sheet and Jelly Roll Baking Pan 9. Swerve Sweetener, Bakers Bundle, 12Oz Granular and Confectioners pack of 2 10.Red Copper 12 inch Ceramic Copper Infused Non-Stick Skillet
21. OXO Good Grips Box Grater 22. Gotham Steel Nonstick 9-Inch x 13-Inch Baking Pan 23. Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 24. Silicone Texas Muffin Pans and Cupcake Maker 25. Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
Review of My Top 25 Fave Kitchen Products of 2018
Since I absolutely love cooking and creating new recipes, I’m always on the lookout for new products that’ll make my life in the kitchen easier. My family also knows that kitchen products are always a win when they need to get me a gift, which means I usually get a lot of kitchen stuff.
So below are the top 25 fave kitchen products that I absolutely loved last year. Can you believe it was hard for me to narrow it down to 25??
- I received FALKSALT Smoke Natural Sea Salt Flakes as a gift and I absolutely love it. The salt is a dark grey color and has large flakes. It gives food that extra oomph. And the added smoky flavor is a great bonus! I used them in my Pretzel Dogs with Beer Cheese Dip recipe, which gave them a tasty unique crunch on top.
- I’m always trying to eat less sugar, and I completely loathe almost all sugar substitutes, until I tried Swerve Sweetener. This comes in both granulated and powdered varieties, and it truly tastes the most like real sugar. No weird aftertastes!
- I love this Organic Lumaconi Italian Pasta when cooking pasta with a cheesy or creamy sauce. The pasta has little “cups” that scoop up the sauce, making each bite extra delicious! So good for macaroni and cheese! I used it in this recipe for Mac and Cheese with Chorizo and Roasted Poblanos.
- Risotto is one of my go-to comfort foods that’s so easy and tastes so “fan-say”. Who else feels fancy eating it? Arborio Rice is a requirement in order to make this super creamy rice dish. Read my How to Make the Best Risotto post to find out how!
- I had an amazing crab cake appetizer on a cruise ship, however, the sauce that came with it was the most wonderful sauce ever! It was made with a mustard I had never heard of before. Pommery Meaux Mustard has become one of my fave new mustards to use in recipes. I despise yellow mustard, but love most any other one. But this is the mustard to top all mustards. Trust me!
- Valentina Salsa Picante Mexican Sauce is my top hot sauce to use for anything…eggs, avocado toast, tacos, pizza…anything! It’s got an earthy taste that’s unlike any other hot sauce I’ve tried. This is a staple in my house!
- Butterscotch pudding was always my favorite as a kid. I had no idea these Butterscotch Baking Chips even existed until I ran across them in the store. They were super yummy in my Butterscotch Snickerdoodles!
- I’m a huge pasta lover, so don’t be surprised to see another one on my list! I loved this Giusto Sapore Italian Pasta – Fusilli Col Buco pasta, since its long like spaghetti, but curly. It makes for a very pretty dish!
Pots, Pans and Utensils
- This Calphalon Classic Ceramic Nonstick Sauce Pan is one of my go to pans for sauces or cooking anything small. It holds 2 1/2 quarts and the lid has built-in holes for straining. It works well with single servings of pasta too!
- The OXO Good Grips Better Silicone Whisk is the best whisk to use with the Calphalon Sauce Pan, or any nonstick pan for that matter. You must protect your cookware!
- The Cuisinart Advantage Color Collection 12-Piece Knife Set was another Christmas gift. These are pretty good knives at a really low cost. Don’t get me wrong, I love my high end fancy knives, but I usually grab these when I’m making quick meals or don’t need super precise cuts.
- This Calphalon Classic Stainless Steel Cookware, Dutch Oven, 5-quart pan is one I use all the time for boiling pasta, or making soups. It’s the perfect size, and the lid has the built-in strainer just like the smaller ceramic one above. Love! One less dish/utensil to wash, so life is made easier!
- I’m loving all of the new copper pans, and the Gotham Steel Nonstick Copper Cookie Sheet and Jelly Roll Baking Pan is one of my top used pans in the last few months. As I’ve said before, they really are nonstick and cleanup is SUPER easy!
- And yet another copper pan! The Red Copper 12 inch Ceramic Copper Infused Non-Stick Skillet is a pan I use pretty much daily. I love it for it’s true non-stick-eyness (I made that up) and super easy cleanup. (Baking soda is your friend for cleaning copper pans.)
- This will be the last copper pan on my list. I had to add it, just because I do use it so much and love it as much as the others. The Gotham Steel Nonstick 9-Inch x 13-Inch Baking Pan is one I use regularly for brownies, casseroles, and many other things.
- I think every home should have a well seasoned cast iron skillet. The Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is my favorite and I love to use it when I want to go from stovetop to directly in the oven. I also use it for baking. This Skillet Breakfast Pizza is perfect in this pan.
- For cutting fruit and veggies, I like to use the XL Bamboo Cutting Board/Serving Tray since I feel like the knife makes good contact with the wood when making precise cuts. Plastic boards seem to cause too much slip with the knife, which can cause injuries and cuts. No good!
- These Cuisinart Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers come in handy when scooping things out of liquid, or sifting powders to get rid of any clumps or hard pieces, which is pretty much impossible without these!
- There are so many cute silicone molds out these days, and this Shamrock Clover Leaf 6 Cavity Silicone Mold worked perfectly when I wanted a St. Paddy’s Day themed dessert. Check out my Baileys Cheesecake Stuffed Blondies to see the mold in action!
- When my husband grew an over abundance of ghost peppers, we decided to make hot sauce to use them up. These Hot Sauce Bottles were the perfect size so we could give out the hot sauce as gifts. They almost make me look a little professional. 🙂 You can see them in their full glory in my Pineapple Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce post.
- These super cute, tiny, baby Norpro Stainless Steel Funnels were the perfect size to get our Pineapple Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce into above mentioned Hot Sauce Bottles.
- I was so happy when I discovered my Silicone Baking Mat. This genius invention eliminates the need for cooking spray on baking pans, so this is a win for me. Nothing sticks, so cleanup is beyond easy. Throw the mat in the dishwasher, and the pan is still clean!
- I love most OXO products, but this OXO Good Grips Box Grater is at the top of my list. I love, love, love that it has a measuring cup at the bottom that collects the grated food, so you know how much you have. So smart!
- My Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 was one of my favorite Christmas gifts from 2017, but I only started using it last year. It does take some time to figure it out, but once you do, you will love it! It’s a HUGE time saver and fun to use too! Try out my Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta for a quick weeknight, easy-to-make dinner.
- Silicone is all the rage these days, so these Silicone Texas Muffin Pans are no joke. If you want muffins or cupcakes that won’t stick, this pan is your friend!
Let me know if you’ve tried any of my fave kitchen products, and how you like them.